Inviting Members & Setting User Permissions
Once you have created a group you can start inviting group members with whom you will interact. The easiest way to invite members to a group is via the "Members" tab.
Please note: You need to be an Administrator to invite others. If you create a group, you are automatically Administrator of that group.
When clicking on "Members" you will come to a page, which will show current members of the group. Members who were invited earlier but have not yet confirmed their membership are visible when clicking "Pending Invites".
Click the "Invite or Assign Members" button in the top right-hand corner and you will see the following screen:
There are two ways to submit invitations:
- Fill in / copy email addresses into the "Enter email address" box
- Click the "Add people from" link to choose people from various networks:
- Your Clinked network (created through the main Members' list, which can be found in your main navigation bar)
- Google Contacts
- Import MS Outlook contacts via a CSV file
Set permissions for your invitees
Just above the Invitation message box, you define which user permissions the user(s) should have. There are 4 available permission sets on the Group level:
- "Administrator": Can invite new members to the Group, can access all content.
- "Can create content": Can create & edit content, upload files;
- Combined "Administrator + Can create content": both duties;
- None of the above: Able to view, download and share content (unless individual file permissions are edited), but not able to contribute to content.
N.B.: the same permissions apply to all invitees if sending invitations to multiple at the same time. Split invitations up into groups if different people should be invited with different user permissions.
As mentioned above, you can also manage user permissions on a file-by-file basis, for example:
- A member who has been invited as a "Not admin, can't create content" can still share, download and edit certain files;
- A member who has been invited as a "Not admin, can create content" cannot share, download or edit certain files.
More rare, but equally important, is to manage the overall account within which your group resides. For this purpose, there are Super Administrators.
These users can access the master Members list to create and invite users, and decide which of the members can create additional groups and be super admins too.
Type invitation message
This text will accompany the email invitation. Why not write a personal message to invite your client into the portal? You'll be able to do this as you invite new members.
What happens next?
- If the invitation is sent to a completely new member of Clinked, they will receive an email which includes an invitation confirmation link. Clicking on this confirmation link will prompt the person to sign up to Clinked.
- If the invitation is going to a person already using Clinked, they will receive both an email invitation and an invitation notification displayed on the main dashboard. The user is still asked to confirm their acceptance of the Group invitation.