Two-factor authentication (2FA) will increase the security of your account by requiring two steps to log in to your platform: using something you know (your username/password) with something you have (your smartphone).
How to get started with two-factor authentication
- Click the drop-down menu next to your profile picture in the top right-hand side of your screen and click Personal Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the button “Activate Two-Factor Authentication”
- Download one of the following apps to your smartphone:
- Google Authenticator
- Duo Mobile
- Windows Phone Authenticator
- Scan the barcode shown on the screen and enter the verification code generated by the app.
When you first set it up 2FA, your account creates a secure key that is shared with your phone via a QR code. This key is then encrypted on both ends using the current time to generate a new code every few seconds.